Current lead time is 6 weeks.
The Polaris is the bigger sibling of the Quantum Zen with a few key differences:
- Instead of an EF86, the Polaris features a 12AU7 wired as a pentode to give you the same response, harmonics, and increased bandwidth
- A pair of EL34 power tubes gives you 1 to 30 watts
- A tuned baffle makes a 1x12 sound as BIG as a 2x12, and complements the EL34 power section by giving more character in the low end
This all original circuit was designed from the ground up to meet the needs of today's guitar players. Unlike most "traditional" designs, you can drive it as much as you want and it will retain that musicality and clarity. Like the Quantum Zen, even the tone controls were completely redesigned to be much more intuitive, useful, as well as being useable through its entire range.
Custom designed Soursound transformers for unrivaled tonal quality.
Volume: Works like the volume control on most amps
Charm: This switch tightens and cleans up the bass when down, and adds fullness when up. When overdriven, down gives you a crisp and tight crunch tone; up gives you a creamy drive.
Bottom: Shapes the bass "character" of the amp. Turn it all the way down to get Vox like chime or Marshall like overdrive. Turn it all the way up for some Tweed-like sounds. Turn it anywhere in between to create your own distinctive tone.
Top: Unlike traditional designs, this "treble" control does not dampen the harmonics when turned down. Use it to brighten dark pickups, or turn it all the way down for some jazzy tones
Watts: Adjusts your wattage to fit your situation. That way, you can practice at your favorite Volume setting no matter where you are.
- 1-30 watts
- Tubes: 1 x 12AX7 preamp, 1 x 12AU7 preamp, 2 x EL34 power, 1 x GZ34 rectifier
- Point-to-point wiring
- Custom Soursound transformers
- Premium components throughout
- Finger jointed solid pine cabinet with tuned sapele/birch baffle
- 1 x 12 inch speaker
- 8 or 16 ohm speaker out
- Amperian Noble 65 Alnico