Check with one of our dealers for availability
An all original design inspired by the Fender Princeton Reverb, Tweed Deluxe, and old Gibson amps. The Pulsar Reverb, with a 12 inch speaker and transformers to match, is bigger and more "vintage" sounding. The tone stack is a unique design that's more useful, versatile, and transparent sounding, so you can get everything from mid scooped Fender tones to mid forward Tweed sounds to faux-Marshall tones. Like all our amplifiers, the Pulsar also comes with a Voltage Regulator, so you can adjust it anywhere from 1/4 to 15 watts.
The Pulsar Reverb now features custom wound transformers by Bryan Sours of Soursound.
- 12 inch speaker and bigger transformer to match for a bigger and bolder sound
- A new tone stack that's more versatile and intuitive. Turn up the treble and bass for a mid scooped Fender tones; set them at noon for a flat EQ like a Tweed Deluxe; turn them down to get a mid forward tone for some faux-Marshall rock!
- Cathode biased for more expressive and richer tone
- 3-way preamp voicing switch: CHARM for classic tones; STRANGE tightens the low end; TOP is a bright channel with boosted highs
- A reverb that's tuned for a bigger, more plate-like sound
- Components feature Jupiter capacitors, solid core high purity copper wire with cotton insulation in the signal path for that full vintage tone, and premium US made carbon composition resistors - all wired point-to-point
- Custom wound transformers by Soursound
- Solid pine finger jointed cabinet - for increased resonance (organic woody tone) and durability
- Dimensions: 20 x 16 x 9.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: about 28-31 lbs. depending on speaker
- STOCK - Amperian V.S.O.P. Alnico: An amazing speaker that just does everything exceptionally well. Amazing clarity in the upper mids, and high end detail that is both sparkly and warm.
- Amperian Revolution 65: Versatile and detailed, with great punch and clarity... for those that prefer the sound of ceramic.
- Tolex: Two-tone Carbon Black with Fawn
Want the Pulsar but wish for more simplicity? Select the Quasar option:
The Quasar is the same as the Pulsar Reverb, but stripped down to the basics for a lower price point as well as a more raw tone! No reverb, one tone control... same premium quality.
3-way bass voicing switch:
CHARM is the "normal" setting
STRANGE cleans and tightens up the lows
TOP cleans and tightens up the lows and the low mids
The Quasar features a Filter control to adjust the high frequency content. The Quasar also has a Voltage Regulator - the best way to attenuate an amp! Saves your tubes and your neighbor's sanity!
Head cabinet version is available for both.